Open Door and Anti-Retaliation “Whistleblower” Policy
BB Landscaping ("The Company") is committed to open and direct two-way communications which permit fair and prompt resolution of employee work related issues in an atmosphere based upon mutual trust and understanding.
This Policy applies to all employees.
Employees are encouraged to resolve work-related issues through their supervisor and/or the Owner. To the extent possible, discussions will be treated in a confidential manner. Situations are discussed with others on a "need to know" basis only. Furthermore, the Company will not tolerate retaliation.
An employee should discuss the situation with his or her supervisor, in most cases being the owner. In most cases, this discussion will result in an acceptable resolution.
It is the Company’s intent to work with employees to reach a fair and prompt resolution of their problems or complaints. In response, it is requested that employees give the owner the opportunity to resolve the issue within a reasonable period of time.
VI DISCIPLINARY ACTION
If a whistleblower should report inappropriate acts by another employee per the Business Conduct Guidelines, subsequent retaliation against the whistleblower is not tolerated. If this should occur, the employee retaliating is subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination.
· Bring work-related concerns to his or her supervisor and/or the Owner.
· Follow reporting processes set forth in policies for alleged policy violations.
· Treat work-related discussions with employees seriously and confidentially and act promptly to resolve employee concerns, or request support from the Owner.
· Do not discourage employee use of this guideline.
· Assist supervisors and employees in resolving work-related issues.